Friday, March 16

Me and Jesse

So, I decided that I need to find "The One," you know.....my personal hair stylist. One person to do my hair from here on out. None of this switching back and forth, trying new people, changing salons. I am ready to settle down in a committed relationship with a hair dresser; I am ready to be a one-stylist kinda of woman. So, I had my appointment today with Jesse. I told him I wanted layers in the front to frame my face, and I wanted to keep my long hair because I just discovered the hot rollers and loved my huge movie-star curls. My only problem was that my layers in the front were so long that it made my hair flat and the front never wanted to curl the way it used to. His response to this was, "No offense, but...." (already, I am reconsidering my feelings about Jesse) "The movie-star look you are going for is not very realistic. It's all pretty at first, but then that style doesn't last for very long before the weight of your hair will pull it right down. You need to go shorter..." Why do you have to be such a hater, Jesse -- Can't you just a let a girl live The Dream?!?!

(Matt: Stop freaking out!!!! It will be way grown out by the time you get home in July....)

So he took a couple inches off, and now I have swoopy bangs! YAY! I don't know if I will keep these bangs the next time, but they are defiantly fun and just the quasi-drastic change I was looking for. So, I think I will keep Jesse. We work well together. He knew I wanted swoopy-bangs before I even said it. However, he is a fan of the flat iron, and I am attached to my hot rollers and curling iron. I guess every relationship has it's minor adjustments...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Miller's Blog said...

Marie! I hope you didn't let Jesse totally do away with your movie star hairstyle! Although, I really don't think you could ever mess up your hair. Even if you tried with all your might. I bet it looks great. Can't wait to see it on Monday.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home