Tuesday, February 12

Show Me Your Dishes!

No seriously....show me your dishes.  I guess I've never really paid attention to people's dishes when I eat at their house.  I know Holly has fiesta ware and my parents have these beige color plates with like stalks of wheat on them or something, but.....What does the rest of America have?  See the thing is, I am now shopping for dishes.  Or, rather, I should say I'm OBSESSED with shopping for dishes.  I mean, I want everything and nothing all at the same time.  I've looked online at Belk, Linen's and Things, Bed Bath and Beyond, Pottery Barn, and Macy's.  (PS--Does dinnerware exist anywhere else?  You let me know...) I've seen a million patterns and they are all...well....ugly.  Nothing that screams I WANT TO LIVE WITH MATT AND MARIE!!!!  You know?  What if today I really like Fire by Denby, but tomorrow they look dated and out of style?  What if I register for these blue plates, but they don't match my future kitchen?  And seriously, how many sets of dishes does one girl--who really hates washing dishes in the first place--need?  All these "How to Get Married" books tell me that I should register for like FIVE various types of china.  Now, I know I want my formal dinnerware to be plain-jane white.  But what about my everyday stuff?  On what kind of plates should I eat grilled cheese and leftover meatloaf?  THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT KEEP ME UP AT NIGHT!!!  
So, if any one has suggestions on dishes and/or where to purchase said dishes.  Please post your comment...
Also, I have recently included Matt in my quest for the perfect dinnerware.  Let's just say there was a skull-and-cross-bones coffee mug involved...clearly I need to seek outside advice....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not wheat - daisys! and they have a special meaning to us. there is always paper - no washing involved, ever and they come in such lovely patterns, seasonal, even.

12:46 PM  
Blogger The Miller's Blog said...

Marie, I think you are the Fiesta ware kind of girl... Colorful and bright. you can mix and match colors, so instead of getting....say... red and you don't have a red kitchen in the future, then no worries... you have other colors....Chad and I did not register for dishes. We spent wedding money on ours so that we could wait and know exactly what our kitchen would be like...that's always an idea.....And after 6 years I've already replaced them and moved them to the back b/c I got tired of them....

6:42 PM  
Blogger The Miller's Blog said...

p.s. Pier One would be a great place to look and register. They have nice dishes in all styles. Funky, contemporary, casual.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Damion and I have fiestaware also. All colors. It's fun and I cant tear it up. But I feel you on the registering issue. It was hard for me too and Damion kept wanting the ugliest things in the store. You'll find something you like, trust me...

9:32 AM  
Blogger frkaskie said...

Marie, let me just say I love your blog, enough to type this message twice since I was not an identified member and lost my first message to you. Second, at the risk of sounding oh so gay, I have the same issues with dinnerware. I would like to eat off different plates every meal. I like a heavy, masculine, colorful plate with a lip, to keep my food from sloshing over the side when I carry it around the house. I never considered plates until I ate at Pan Asia on the Gail pittman stuff. Have you tried Persnickety's ?? They have nice expensive stuff there upstairs. I complained so much down here about the white plates that the cook went out and bought plate chargers just to dress them up. It helped. Let me know what you do. Can't wait to perform your wedding!!!!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home