Friday, July 21

We're not in Vancouver anymore....

Here is the thing about Vancouver: People walk everywhere. It is common for a household to own only one car. Some don't own cars at all. That's because people don't mind walking or bussing to and from the grocery store, convenient store, coffee shop, mall, dinner, theater, ect... In awe of this, I decided to drive less and walk more. For instance, the gym and grocery store are in the same tiny shopping center only 4 blocks from my house. Literally less than a 1 minute drive. Yesterday, I decided to walk to the gym. Yesterday, I almost died. Halfway there I kept thinking, "It's not too late to get your car..." I was so hot and exhausted and drained of all energy by the time I got to the gym that I could only stay on the elliptical machine for 15 minutes before I thought I might pass out. So I went into the yoga room and laid on the floor for long while to cool off and catch my breath. (I was "stretching.") It was the most awful experience of my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger This Girl! said...

fiona's right, at least you tried.. here in our country.. walking is a no no because of the weather.. and people are too lazy to walk.. they'd rather stay at home and do nothing than walking in the street.. and sweating a lot.. third world countries..

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home