Sunday, July 16

Not so hillarious story:

Did I tell you about the time I tried to fly to Canada without a passport and/or birth certificate? Not a fun experience, let me tell you. So I got to the airport in Tucson last Tuesday and the desk clerk asked for my passport. Well, I dont have one. I also forgot to bring my birth certificate. The guy gives me my boarding pass anyways, and checks my luggage all the way through to Vancouver, but then leaves me with the comforting farewell, "Just so you know, if you were to get detained at the border, it is your responsibility to pay for a flight back home...." Well thanks buddy. Once I got to Vancouver International Airport, I had a bit of bickering with the Customs Officer, but eventually finagled my way across the border. I had Daddy-O overnight my birth certificate to Fiona's house. Problem solved, right? Not quite. When 24 hour delivery had not arrived after 3 days, I decided to call good ole Fed-Ex. Apparently my package had somehow found it's way onto to plane to Dublin. Nice Job guys, but I need it in Canada...like three days ago! Long story short: yelling ensued, and my package arrived 12 hours later. Moral of the story: get your passport immediatly, and don't leave the country without it. And also, Fed-Ex overnight delievery is not always a sure thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home