Tuesday, October 18

Dinner For One...

Guy at the Deli counter: Hi! would you like to try our five piece special? You can get two all white meat chicken breasts, a thigh, two drumsticks, and a biscut for $5.99.
Single White Female: No thanks. I'll just take one chicken breast and a biscut.

Guy at the deli counter:
Yes, but for just $1.79 more you can get two all white meat chicken breasts, a thigh, two drumsticks, and a biscut for the low-low price of just $5.99.

Single White Female:
I DON'T NEED THE FIVE PIECE MEAL!! I LIVE BY MYSELF! I EAT MY DINNER STANDING OVER THE KITCHEN SINK! I DON'T WANT ALL THIS EXTRA MEAT JUST HANING AROUND!!!


That comes from the movie Must Love Dogs, and I feel it sums up my life. So I am tired of making meals out of TV dinners, boxed pastas, and sandwhiches. Today I go to the grocery store thinking "mmmm...pork tenderloin and vegtables sounds really yummy." And much to my dismay, apparently the meat department finds it necessary to package all their meats in packages of like 4 -6 pieces. What happened to dinner for two? or even just one? Is it too much to ask? This is why, when i do cook, I end up eating the same damn thing for weeks on end. I mean, a girl can only eat the same thing for so long before she never wants to eat it again....ever!

This makes me look and my mom and go "WOOOOOOW! How did that woman manage to put a distinctly differnt meal on the table every night of the week?" Which brings me to my NEXT topic:

I cannot WAIT to go home and have someone else cook for me. I want 1) beef stew and cornbread 2) lasanga and french bread 3) BBQ and cole slaw and baked beans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home