Sunday, August 27

The Most Exciting Blog in MONTHS!!!!

Okay! So let me preface this by saying that I am deathly afraid of guns--all kinds of guns--even unloaded guns. I know it's irrational, but I feel like even an unloaded gun might actually go off and injure someone--quite possibly me. I don't like being around them at all; they freak me out like snakes. However, my dad has a shotgun, and my boyfriend like plays with guns for a living, so I have decided that I need to overcome my fear. So, on Saturday I told Matt that I wanted to go to the shooting range. At first he laughed, then he realized I was serious. When we got there, they handed me a revolver, a box of ammo, some earmuffs and safety goggles and basically said "have at it!" I believe I started out with a .38 Special. I practiced a couple times while the thing was unloaded, and my hands were still shaking and sweating profusely. I suddenly felt not at all ready for this. But, Matt pushed me up to my lane and loaded my gun for me. The first couple of rounds were all kinda a blur -- possibly because my eyes were closed when I pulled the trigger -- I think the first 5 shots landed in the rafters. But then, I got the hang of it and waddaya know? I won't lie to you: I'm pretty good. Two boxes of ammo later....I'm like "WooHoo! Let's try a NEW gun!" So I moved on up to the 9 millimeter. This one kicked a little more, but gave me much better results. You see that one stray shot in the lower right hand corner? That was round #1, all the rest were right in the middle! Then me and Matt started aiming for the #8s to see who was better. He did alright.... I wont say whose marks are whose ;) Next time, we'll keep score.

Even writing about it now, I can't believe I actually did it. It doesn't sound like me at all. But I am SO glad I tried it. I challenge all my readers to conquer a fear this week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go ahead and make my day.....

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home