Sunday, August 20

Bundle of Joy

Friday, on my way home from work I had planned to go to the gym. However, some invisible force started to steer my car toward the mall. It was all very mysterious--It must have been the hand of God. So I got there, and I am thinking to myself several things 1) I hate this mall; there is never any parking 2) I have nothing I need to buy 3) I should not be wasting my time shopping; I should be at the gym. So I began meandering through the stores. Do I need something from Bath and Body works? No, no, I am still very well stocked from the semi-annual sale. Does Matthew need a present? No, no, that is definitely not it. Maybe I need some clothes? No, Gap is not even on sale and besides, they have their winter line out (oh, you sad, disillusioned state of Arizona, you don't have a winter! Gap, you will NEVER sell those sweaters!) Then, I suddenly found myself in Aldo browsing the purses. And I found this bundle of joy. Only, she was in a pretty brown color and $70. Now, I have a strict policy when it comes to spending money. And that policy is "I don't." It is really hard for me to spend money on something that is not on sale. Then, just as I was about to put her back on the self, the sales man came by and said, "Those handbags are 30% off the already reduced price..." And I said "Oh....Well, I don't think this one is on sale." And he goes, "Well, let me double check for you....$60...On sale for $30...Minus 30%.....So, it's on sale for $20.00" "You mean, it's practically free!!?" I exclaim. "I am sold!" And that is how this wonderful handbag came into my life. The End.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...it is just so beautiful!! I am very happy you got one!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a bargin marie - i can't believe you didnt get all your friends or your mother one!!!!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

haha! woman, you make me laugh!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home