Sunday, November 13

There is no household chore I despise more than doing the laundry...


Ten Reasons Why I Hate Doing The Laundry:

1. Community Laundry Rooms: Some machines work; others don't. You never know which is which until you try it out. Every load is a gamble.

2. Laundry Is Heavy: Nothing is more annoying than the cross-complex trek to the laundry room, with a laundry basket digging into your hip, a duffle bag cutting off the circulation of one arm, and a gallon of detergent dangling from the other arm. And all the while you are struggling to hold doors open with your spare toe.

3. Dry Clean Only: What the hell?! Does that mean gentle cycle?

4. The Wait: 46 minuets to wash; 46 minutes to dry. This is an ALL DAY affair. You can't forget to transfer the laundry, so you come back to the apartment and risk falling into a nap. Now it takes an hour to wash and a hour and a half to dry.

5. The Drying Rack: If you are a girl, you know that you can't just lob all your laundry directly into the dryer like boys do. Some things cannot be dryed for whatever reason. So you have to sort through all the wet clothes to find those items, carry then back to the apartment, and neatly hang everything on the drying rack.

6. The Dampness: It never fails--you go to get the clothes out of the dryer and every third article of clothing is still damp. Instead of wasting an extra 75 cents that you don't have with you, you decide that everything that is damp must be hung up on the drying rack that is already full. Before you know it, you have damp laundry hanging up in every room of the apartment.

7. The Lost Sock: You put 6 pairs of socks in and only come out with 5.5 pairs of socks. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?!!! Math was never my forte, but I feel like this is a mathematical mystery.

8. The Wrinkles: Now half of your clothes need to be ironed. That is another top ten list in and of itself.

9. The Folding: It is not so much the folding that bothers me, it is the putting away of the clothes. I usually fold laundry in front of the TV and stort and stack my folded clothes on the coffee table, but then they never make it to the desser. Sometimes I just get dressed in my living room.

10. The Endless Cycle: The sad part is that there is always going to be dirty laundry. You can spend your whole day washing and drying, but in the end, there is always going to be a little something left in the bottom of the hamper.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marie! I love your blog. In fact, I check it almost daily. Mel told me you're going to be in Jackson during Thanksgiving. I'll be in New Orleans so let me know the dates and perhaps we can have lunch or dinner one day.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home